Dr Ruth Jackson is a Research Fellow in Theology and Philosophy of Religion at Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge.
Ruth was a research associate on the ERC-funded project The Bible and Antiquity in Nineteenth-Century Culture at CRASSH and a convenor of the CRASSH Research Group Theologies of Reading.
- Religion In the Midst of Things: Friedrich Schleiermacher’s Theology of Finitude. Book manuscript based on my PhD dissertation in final preparation. Upon completion in September 2017 it will go for immediate review with Brill, where the book proposal has already been considered.
- ‘The Doctrine of Creation and the Problem of the Miraculous in the Modern Theology of Friedrich Schleiermacher’. Invited chapter for volume on Creatio ex Nihilo and Modern Theology, edited by Gary Anderson, and currently under review with the University of Notre Dame Press.
Academic Articles, Book Chapters & Essays
- ‘On Gender and Theology in the Mode of Retrieval’. In Theologies of Retrieval, edited by Darren Sarisky (London: Bloomsbury, forthcoming 2017). [Invited]
- ‘Photography, Finitude, and the Human Self through Time’, Telos. [Peer- reviewed]
- ‘Creation, Temporality and the Lord’s Supper in Friedrich Schleiermacher’s Dogmatic Theology’, Theology 116 (September/October 2013): 332–340. [Peer-reviewed]
- ‘The Gospel According to Johannes de Silentio’, Noesis: Theology, Philosophy, Poetics 3 (June 2016). [Invited]
Recent Book Reviews & Review Essays
- Review of ‘The Suspended Middle: Henri de Lubac and the Renewed Split in Modern Catholic Theology’, by John Milbank (2nd Ed.). Anglican Theological Review (forthcoming, 2016).
- ‘Of Life & Work’, Noesis: Theology, Philosophy, Poetics 2 (June 2015).
- Review of ‘Theology and Philosophy; Faith and Reason’, edited by Crisp et al., Colloquium, The Australian and New Zealand Theological Review 46, no. 2 (Nov. 2014): 255-257.
- ‘Review of Embedded Grace: Christ, History, and the Reign of God in Schleiermacher’s Dogmatics’, by Kevin M. Vander Schel. Reviews in Religion and Theology 21, Issue 3, (July 2014): 410–412.
- Review of ‘Merleau-Ponty and Theology’, by Christopher Ben Simpson, Reviews in Religion and Theology 21, Issue 3, (July 2014): 391–393.