|31 May 2022||17:00 - 19:00||Online|
An event organised by the Global Conversations Towards Queer Social Justice research network.
- Olena Shevchenko (Chair, Insight NGO, Ukraine)
- Natalia (Displaced queer person from Ukraine)
- Miroslawa Makuchowska (Kampania Przeciwko Homofobii, Poland)
- Evgenia Giakoumopoulou (Co-Chair of EL*C Eurocentralasian Lesbian Community)
- Francois Zankih (Syrian Human Rights Defender and Gender Activist member at Amnesty International, founder and chairman of the board of Guardians of Equality Movement )
- Yener Bayramoğlu (Alice Salomon University of Berlin)
At this urgent roundtable, transnational queer activists and queer displaced people from Ukraine and Syria discuss the most pressing issues for LGBTQ+ people in situations where war and armed conflict exacerbate discrimination. They also reflect on how displacement, war and conflict become a lens to understand cisgenderism and heteronormativity.