Call for Participation
Invitation to work as part of a research group devised by artists Beverley Carruthers and Wiebke Leister, which investigates contemporary modes of collaborative image-text-production.
Since 2015, the ‘Writing Photographs’ project focused on how contemporary lens-based media integrates text and writing in cross-disciplinary installations and performances.
In collaboration with CRASSH at the University of Cambridge, the group is now organising two network meetings for an invited peer group of artists and writers, to discuss hybrid relations of image-and-writing-works. The meetings will take place at CRASSH on Friday 9 June & Friday 15 September 2023, from 11:30 – 16:30. Participants will then work towards an exhibition at the Alison Richard Building which will take place from 15 February – 15 March 2024, along with a conference/public event, allowing for artistic, literary and methodological contributions.
If you are interested in participating, please email the following to the organisers:
- one page of A4 with a short bio and a description of an ongoing or new Text-Image project
- a few samples of your work
- a short description of how your work would benefit from taking part in a research group context and how you see possibilities for collaborative exchange and cooperation as part of this project development
Possible topics for discussion during those initial workshops may include the following, but please make suggestions for topics to be discussed as part of your response to this CFP:
- Text+Image Migrations: translation, transcription, transformation
- Text+Image Remediations: intermediality, reproduction, intertextuality
- Text+Image Interpretations: (creative) mis-recognitions & mis-identifications
- Text+Image Automations: constructed & generated content
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2023
Contact the organisers: