|5 Dec 2023||17:00||Online|
What is fit-for-purpose responsible investing for crypto and web3?
Join us for the online launch of a new report from the Minderoo Centre for Technology and Democracy, University of Cambridge and Venture ESG.
This report has developed a practical environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) toolkit for venture capital investors (“VC”) that can be applied to crypto and Web3 businesses.
After almost one year of research and 50+ interviews with industry participants, this conversation will explore the findings of the report.
The leading questions for this research was: what is fit-for-purpose ESG (or responsible investing) for crypto and web3? and how should it play a role especially for investment decision making?
Join our expert discussion online on December 5 to explore these questions, with:
- Cessiah Lopez, report author, VentureESG research fellow, and affiliate, Minderoo Centre for Technology and Democracy
- Gina Neff, Executive Director, Minderoo Centre for Technology and Democracy (event host)
- Peter Chow-White, Visiting Fellow, University of Cambridge (Jesus College) Professor, Schools of Communication and Computing Science Simon Fraser University
- Del Johnson, Angel and VC
- Caleb Shack, Big Brain `Holdings
About the Minderoo Centre for Technology and Democracy
The Minderoo Centre for Technology and Democracy is an independent team of academic researchers at the University of Cambridge, who are radically rethinking the power relationships between digital technologies, society and our planet.
We are based in CRASSH (University of Cambridge Centre for Research in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences).
About Venture ESG
Venture ESG is a community-based non-profit organisation from VCs for VCs to support the ecosystem with meaningful ESG integration. Together with a growing group of 450+ VC funds and 110+ LPs from across the globe, they are working to make ESG a standard part across the VC value chain, from due diligence and portfolio management to internal fund management and reporting.