|3 May 2022||17:00 - 18:30||Online|
On what basis can we challenge Artificial Intelligence (AI)―its infusion, investment, and implementation across the globe? The authors analyse timely topics, including bias and language processing, responsibility and machine learning, COVID-19 and AI in health technologies, bio-AI and nanotechnology, digit ethics, AI and the gig economy, and representations of AI in literature and culture.
Convenor and book editor:
- Ariane Hanemaayer, Visiting Scholar, Egenis Centre for the Study of the Life Sciences, University of Exeter, and Department of Sociology, Brandon University
- Avon Huxor (Computer Science, University of Exeter)
- Ranjini Raghavendra (Centre for Open Data Research, Public Affairs Center, Bengaluru)
- Scott Schwartz (City University of New York and Visiting Fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology)
- Stefanie Ullmann (Giving Voice to Digital Democracies project, CRASSH, University of Cambridge)