|17 Mar 2022||17:00 - 19:30||Online|
Join the Minderoo Centre for Technology and Democracy online at a high-level event to celebrate International Women’s Day as part of EU AI Week.
Watch this event on the livestream below:
Women are 13 times less likely to file for a technology patent than men. The OECD estimates that just 7% of ICT patents in G20 countries are obtained by women, and only 10% of technology start-ups seeking venture capital funding are founded by women. What can be done to ensure a more gender-inclusive AI ecosystem and what can we learn from women role models in the AI start-up space?
As part of EU AI week, join MCTD Cambridge in a discussion with policymakers, business leaders, the European AI research community, and the start-up ecosystem to address the gap between policies and practice and discuss joint action to build an AI ecosystem that is as diverse and inclusive as the societies we aspire to create!
This event will consist of a high-level opening and two roundtables.
High-Level Opening (alphabetical order):
- Petra De Sutter, Deputy Prime Minister, Belgian Federal Government
- Nicole Foster, Director, Global AI/ML Public Policy, Amazon Web Services
- Eva Kaili, Vice President, European Parliament
- Renaud Vedel, Prefect, Coordinator of the National AI Strategy, France
State of Play: Overview of Gender Equality in the Global AI Ecosystem: Where Are We and Where do We Want To Go? (alphabetical order)
- Nathanael Ackerman, Managing Director, AI4Belgium Coalition and Digital Mind
- Luis Aranda, Policy Analyst, Artificial Intelligence, OECD
- Bart Becks, Chairman E-Health Valley, Chairman EURACTIV media network, European Innovation Council Board Member
- Lucie Berger, EU delegation to the UN
- Emilie Daversin, Entrepreneur and Co-Founder, VO2 Group, Investor, Leia Capital
- Mieke de Ketelaere, Adjunct Professor of AI, Vlerick Business School
- Dr. Alzbeta Krausova (Moderator), Legal Scholar
- Alessandra Sala, Global President, Women in AI
- Nathalie Smuha, Researcher, KU Leuven Faculty of Law
- Cheryl Miller Van Dyck, Director, Digital Leadership Institute, Head of EU Delegation to the G20 Women20
- Severine Waterbley, Chairwoman of the FPS Economy Management Committee
Promoting Gender Equality in the European Start Up AI ecosystem (alphabetical order)
- Oliviana Bailey, Head of Brand and Community, EscherCloud
- Mathilde Bras, Expert on Responsible Digital Policies, Member of the Hugging Face Policy Community
- Coralie Ebert, CTO and co-founder, MeNow!
- Stephan-Eloise Gras, Executive Director, Digital Africa
- Laurence Jacobs, Business Relationship Officer, Agoria
- Caroline Lair, Founder, The Good AI
- Segolene Martin, CEO, Kantify, Women in AI Ambassador
- Gina Neff, Executive Director, Minderoo Centre for Technology and Democracy, University of Cambridge
- Nahia Orduna (Moderator), Manager, Solutions Architecture, Amazon Web Services
Closing Remarks (alphabetical order)
- Helena Dalli, European Commission for Equality
- Wim De Waele, Executive Chairman, The Beacon
- Julie Foulon, CEO, Girleek