Thoughtlines: academic thinking outside the box
Series 1 | Episode 3: Martin Millett – We are what we dig
In this episode, presenter and broadcast journalist Catherine Galloway talks to archaeologist Professor Martin Millett about the ground-breaking changes in how we search, and respond to, the landscape of the past.
We hear what happens when sound artists and radar technicians start really listening to the earth beneath our feet. What it means – on both sides – to be part of an Empire. And why nothing really beats the academic excitement of getting your hands dirty.
(This episode was recorded before Covid-19 lockdown restrictions).
- Presented by broadcast journalist Catherine Galloway and produced by Carl Homer of Cambridge TV.
- Thoughtlines is available via most podcast platforms.
- Find out more about Professor Millett’s radar discoveries in Falerii Novi in Italy, mentioned in this episode.
- Find out more about Professor Millett’s Roman town project in Aldborough, England.
- Martin Millett is Laurence Professor of Classical Archaeology at the Faculty of Classics and a Fellow of Fitzwilliam College Cambridge.