|17 Feb 2021||All day||Podcast|
Series 1 | Episode 2: We are what we code with Marcus Tomalin
In this episode, presenter and broadcast journalist Catherine Galloway talks tech with Digital Democracy expert Marcus Tomalin.
Can our computing systems be better and do better? How can we – everyday users and professional coders – spot the hidden biases and fleeting programming decisions that make a lasting difference in ‘real’ life?
And can we even imagine what we’ll be asking Alexa ten years from now?
(This episode was recorded before Covid-19 lockdown restrictions and when face to face teaching at the University of Cambridge was still occurring).
- Presented by broadcast journalist Catherine Galloway and produced by Carl Homer of Cambridge TV
- Thoughtlines is available via most podcast platforms
- Listen to all episodes of Thoughtlines
- Hear Marcus Tomalin talking more about Artificial Intelligence and Social Change.
- Read Marcus Tomalin’s journal article on Quarantining Online Hate Speech, discussed in this episode.
- Marcus Tomalin is Senior Research Associate with the Giving Voice to Digital Democracies Research Project at CRASSH.