The inaugural workshop of Giving Voice to Digital Democracies, a research project at the Centre for the Humanities and Social Change, brought together experts from politics, industry and academia to consider the social impact of Artificially Intelligent Communications Technology (AICT).
Marcus Tomalin, Senior Research Associate on the project, introduced the workshop.
The Future of Artificial Intelligence: Language, Ethics, Technology
University of Cambridge, 25 March 2019
• Welcome and Introduction – Marcus Tomalin
• AI Ready, Willing and Able? What Can the Government Do? – Baroness Grender MBE
• Fair, Diverse and Equitable Technologies: The Need for Multiscale-Ethics – Melanie Smallman
• The Ethics of Language and Algorithmic Decision-Making – Marcus Tomalin
• A Typology of Ethical Risks in Language Technology – Emily M. Bender
• Bias in the Vision and Language of Artificial Intelligence – Margaret Mitchell
The views, thoughts and opinions expressed in this recording belong solely to the speakers and do not necessarily represent the views of CRASSH or the University of Cambridge.