The Centre for Research in the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities (CRASSH) at the University of Cambridge welcomes applications for British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships.
The aim of the British Academy in making these awards is to offer opportunities for outstanding early career researchers to strengthen their experience of research and teaching in a university environment which will develop their curriculum vitae and improve their prospects of obtaining permanent lecturing posts by the end of the Fellowship. The primary emphasis is on completion of a significant piece of publishable research, which will be assisted by full membership of an academic community of established scholars working in similar fields.
The timetable for the 2018–19 Postdoctoral Fellowship Competition will be announced here in the Summer of 2018.
If you are thinking of making an application through CRASSH, we advise that you make contact now with the CRASSH Administrator, Mette H. Rokkum Jamasb.
Applications should consist of the following:
• a two-page CV, including the dates on which you took your PhD viva and on which you were awarded the PhD;
• a list of publications (not exceeding one side);
• the name of your proposed mentor(s);
• the title of your research project;
• two letters of reference, one from outside Cambridge;
• a detailed description of your research project (maximum 750 words) addressing the following:
- outline the research problem(s) you are seeking to address and say why it is distinctive;
- how your proposed research will tackle this research problem(s) – its design and methodology;
- how your proposed research will significantly change the established landscape;
- how your project fits within the timeframe of the award (its feasibility);
- why Cambridge is the ‘best-fit’ environment for this project;
- the appropriateness and demonstration of commitment of the proposed mentor(s).
Applications, including references, to be sent via email to Mette H. Rokkum Jamasb by Thursday, 23 August 2018.